Your privacy is important to me. I am committed to protecting your personal data.
– provides information about the personal data I collect, and how and why I collect, store, use and share your personal data; and
– tells you about your rights in relation to your personal data and how to contact me if you have a complaint.
’Personal data’ is any information that can directly or indirectly identify an individual (‘a data subject’).
Mabel Sorrentino of Illustrated by Mabel is the data controller. As a data controller I will comply with all applicable data protection laws.
Should you have concerns about the way I process your data or would like me to stop processing your data please contact me by e-mail at email@example.com
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO I COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
I may collect and process the following personal information
– Identity Data which includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth
– Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers
– Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details
– Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you
– Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing information from me and my third party agents and your communication preferences
– Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from me.
– Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone, setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
– Any other information, which you provide to me.
I do not collect any special categories of personal data (which include sensitive personal information such as details about your race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, political affiliation and sexual orientation).
HOW I COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
I collect most of this information from you directly, for example, Identity Data, Contact Data, Financial Data and Transaction Data when you fill in forms, correspond with me by email, phone, post or otherwise when you:
– create an account on this website to comment on a blog posts;
– purchase products and/or services from me;
– subscribe to my e-newsletter
– request marketing, promotional material or information to be sent to you; or
– give me some feedback.
I may also collect information from
– automated technologies, such as cookies which collect Technical Data about your equipment and browsing activities;
– publicly accessible sources, such as Companies House;
– providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as PayPal or DHL
– analytics providers [such as Google, based outside the EU];
– a third party with your specific consent (e.g. your bank or third party marketing lists);
HOW I PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
– Processing an order: If you order products or services from me, I process identity, contact, financial, profile and transaction data.
– Registering on this website: To enable you to comment on the blog or order products/services from me, I may ask you to register on this website. For this purpose, I collect identity and profile data.
APPROACH TO MARKETING
This Website does not contain third party advertising.
I may collect identity data about you to send you updates on my products or services if you have commissioned me or ordered products from me.
I do not permit third party advertising (or targeted advertising) on this website. If you click on links to my social media pages, or to any third-party website, you may be subject to targeted marketing via that site.
Where I have obtained your specific consent (e.g. when you subscribe to my e-newsletter), I may engage in direct marketing, such as sending you e-mails and/or brochures/other relevant marketing collateral to inform you of my services.
I provide these communications on the basis that you have asked to receive these. If you change your mind, you may opt-out at any time via the unsubscribe feature that appears in my e-mails or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I will not share with any third party the personal information that I obtain about you for the purposes of marketing unless you have provided your specific consent for me to do so and those third parties have agreed to make no independent or further use of that data and to maintain its confidentiality.
MY SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES
This Website contains links to my social media pages on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
These third-party websites have their own respective privacy policies (which I would advise you to read) for which those sites are solely responsible.
Should you visit those social media pages and choose to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest, I may receive identity, contact or transaction data from the social media providers, including:
– Address (email and/or postal);
– Telephone number(s);
– IP address;
– Social media account URL;
– Date of birth; and/or
– Gender .
If I do receive any personal information about you from these third party social media sites, I will not process your information for the purposes of direct marketing unless you have provided your consent, or it is otherwise lawful for me to do so (e.g. you have previously commissioned me or bought something from me).
If you have opted-in to receive such communications, please see the section above on “Approach to Marketing”.
I will not share your personal information with any third party for the purpose of marketing unless you have provided your consent for me to do so.
If you would like me to delete the personal information that I have received about you from these sites, please email me at email@example.com
If you do not want me to receive further information about you from these sites, you should also contact the sites directly to turn off the ‘follow’ setting.
COOKIES & ANALYTICS
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data stored in text files that are saved on your computer or other devices when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to remember you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”).
Session cookies are temporary cookies that are used during the course of your visit to this website, and they expire when you close the web browser.
Persistent cookies are used to remember your preferences within this website and remain on your desktop or mobile device even after you close your browser or restart your computer. They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for you while visiting this website or using its services.
Cookies may be set by this website (“first-party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”). These third parties can recognize you when you visit this website and also when you visit certain other websites.
What type of cookies are used?
– Necessary cookies
Necessary cookies allow to offer you the best possible experience when accessing and navigating through this website and using its features. For example, when you have created an account and have logged into that account to access the content.
– Functionality cookies
Functionality cookies let operate this website and its services in accordance with the choices you make. For example, recognize your username and remember how you customized this website and its services during future visits.
– Analytical cookies
These cookies enable me and third-party services to collect aggregated data for statistical purposes on how our visitors use this website. These cookies do not contain personal information such as names and email addresses and are used to help improve your user experience of this website.
– Social media cookies
Third-party cookies from social media sites (such as Facebook, Twitter, etc) allow to track social network users when they visit this website, use its services or share content, by using a tagging mechanism provided by those social networks.
These cookies are also used for event tracking and remarketing purposes. Any data collected with these tags will be used in accordance with mine and social networks’ privacy policies. I will not collect or share any personally identifiable information from the user.
This Website also uses website analytics, including Google Analytics, to evaluate and improve this Website, personalise your experience and to offer the best, most accessible service possible to all visitors.
To find out more about Google Analytics and to learn how to opt out, please visit:
When you visit this Website, these analytics service providers may collect the following data, which will almost always be anonymised and aggregated before reporting back to me:
– number of visitors to this Website;
– pages visited while on the Website and time spent per page;
– page interaction information, such as scrolling, clicks and browsing methods;
– websites where visitors have come from and where they go afterwards;
– page response times and any download errors;
– other technical information relating to end user device, such as IP address or browser plug-in.
I process this information to understand how visitors use the Website and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity (for example, your IP address is used to approximate the country from which you access our Website, and I aggregate this information together, so I know that, for example, most of the visitors to the Website come from England).
This processing is crucial to the running of my online business and I therefore undertake such monitoring in the pursuit of my legitimate interests in improving this Website to provide a better service and source of information to visitors.
This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you.
What are your cookie options?
If you don’t like the idea of cookies or certain types of cookies, you can change your browser’s settings to delete cookies that have already been set and to not accept new cookies. To learn more about how to do this or to learn more about cookies, visit internetcookies.org
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO THE PERSONAL DATA THAT I PROCESS
You have the following rights over the way I process personal data relating to you. I aim to respond as soon as practicable but within one month at the latest. I do not charge a fee to respond to your request:
– to ask for a copy of data I am processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected;
– to ask me to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data;
– to request a machine-readable copy of your personal data, which you can use with another service provider;
To make a request in relation to any of your rights, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I do not knowingly use the Website to solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13.
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided me with information or may be receiving communications from me without consent of a parent or guardian, I ask that this be brought to my immediate attention. I will make it my priority to address this situation and delete information relating to a child as soon as practicable. In such an event, please contact me at email@example.com
I will take commercially reasonable, appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk that could be encountered if you use this website and services, taking into account the likelihood and severity those risks might pose to the rights and freedoms of the Website visitors.
In particular, I will take precautions to protect against the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration, and unauthorised disclosure of or access to the personal information transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by me. Please be aware that, while I make the security of this Website and your personal information a high priority and devote considerable time and resources to maintain robust IT security, no security system can prevent all security breaches. When you choose to share your personal information with me, you accept that you provide your information at your own risk.
In accordance with data protection laws and good commercial practice, I do not retain data in a form that permits identification of the person(s) to whom it relates for any longer than is necessary. Once the purpose for which information has been collected has been fulfilled, I will either permanently delete your personal information or remove all identifiers within it so that it is no longer personal data. I may use such anonymised data for research and/or business analysis purposes.
If you would like me to stop using your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POLICY
You acknowledge that you have read this policy and agree to all its terms and conditions. By using this website or its services you agree to be bound by this policy. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this policy, you are not authorized to use or access this website and its services.
CONTACTS AND COMPLAINTS
For more information, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact me by e-mail at email@example.com
This document was last updated on April 27, 2020